Pages

Monday, 23 February 2015

DIY secretary desk

The last weekends I´ve been busy constucting my own secretary desk for the hobby. Why? Well, every available desk didn´t suit my purposes or I thought them to expensive for the quality. So, I planned and built one on my own.

I spend two weeks on planning and checking the prices at local DIY markets. The construction itself took about 6-8 eight days with 4-6 hours a day. I decided to go for solid clued beech. So the project was a little bit cheaper in comparison to the desks on the market, but if you take another material you can easily safe a lot more.

Overall It was an enjoyable, not too diffcult project and the desk will fit perfectly to my other furniture.













1 comment:

  1. Very nice! It's an attractive piece of furniture too.

    Best Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete