Pages

Thursday, 8 January 2015

Happy New Year 2015


Hello,
I´ve been absent for a long while, due to my new work/job/appointment. Sadly I havent´t had any time for painting or gaming since october, but I hope that will change soon!

Well, 2014 again was a very special year for me with a lot of changes in private life and at work. Looking back at my first year in the hobby of historical wargaming, I think it´s been a very good year. Especially under my working circumstances, as I am always short of spare time. But that was at least used well  for getting into some rule sets and getting up my first armies for regaming the ACW.
My painting progress could be faster, but I hope to improve in 2015 in quantity and quality. 

At this point I want to thank  two of the  HOLLFELD SITZKRIEG HEROES  namely Nick and Christopher for the very good introduction games (Bolt Action, Black Powder and SAGA) and the tricks, hints and expertise they both provided during our meetings and games. Thank you both, it was a pleasure to get known to you and an honor to game with or against you! Hope to get the chance to see you for some games and talk in 2015.

In my last posts about the ACW projekt I promised some more pictures. So,after the last game with Christopher, I took the chance to take some pictures of my ACW Miniatures using his lovely wargaming terrain. If you´re intertrested you find his AAR here.

Thank you for passing by.

Greetings
Sascha


The Union Forces:
General Reynolds with Staff


General Meagher
One of my four union regiments
The Confederates:
Robert E. Lee with James Longstreet and J.B. Hood

Harvey Hill and Staff

J.B. Gordon

Rockbridge Artillery


3 comments:

  1. Sascha, it was a joy to meet you and I would be pleased to have some games with you on the future again! I really liked your ACW collection, especially the Rebels and am looking forward to what you come up with in 2015.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here really enjoyed meeting and gaming with you! Your figures looked good as I can attest to as having seen them up close. I hope to see you again in 2015.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  3. impressive ACW figures and painting - marvelous work!

    ReplyDelete